Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Filet crochet, ghetto fabulous style

After a long crafting hiatus, I am back!


Last week I learned how to filet crochet. Filet crochet is the technique where you crochet mesh and fill in certain squares while leaving others open. It's great for crocheting patterns into doilies... which, of course, gives me a raging she-boner. Just after I learned about filet crochet, I discovered this fabulous page, which gives patterns for the old english alphabet. So what does that mean? Gangster-tastic doilies!

My first attempt at filet crochet was this initial doily for my friend Devon.
I think it turned out quite fabulously, but a little warped.

My next project? A sweet-ass door doily for my boyfriend with his initials going down vertically.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dang you are one sexy, crafty biotch.
this friend of yours, with a name like devon, she is probably also really sexy.